Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Not Going To Spend My Life Being A Color

This should go without saying but JT's in whittier is clearly THE BEST! and they have free popcorn.
Last night was fun. I met up with Danielle and then we went to Long Beach to meet up with a friend of hers. We sang country songs loudly and obnoxiously all the way down the 605. Later she decided that she wanted to go to Corona. I declined, even though I knew it would be a shit ton of fun. Because I was tired and didn't feel like drinking and knew that I have a big weekend ahead of me. How disturbing is that?

I feel accomplished because this morning I got up, went to Kinko's (ran into Tommy! forgot he works there), went to Target to get clothes hangers and face wipes, and then replenished the fluids in my car and collected all the water bottles from my backseat and put them in a trash bag. I felt like my own personal assistant today. Am now watching the Departed. It somehow had escaped me that everyone shoots eachother dead, one by one, in the end. It's all somehow shockingly nonviolent, perhaps as its so polished and its LEO and Matt Damon and Marky Mark. Two thumbs up! Anything about cops in Northeast is fine by me.

Just before I decided to write this, I read an incredibly astute yet human blog on the passing of Michael Jackson. Everything I've read previously has left me cold and saddened by the judgemental aspects and phoniness of it all. This one made me remember asking my Dad for the "Black or White" single on tape and asking him if he could record the video from MTV onto a tape in our VCR. We laughed together when In Living Color did a send up of the video, with me completely missing the humor, but laughing because it was hilarious to my Dad.

It also saddened me for the first time when I thought of all the people who told me they thought of me when they heard of his death, and instantly could hear me in their heads singing "P.Y.T." at the top of my voice in the car, or the bowling alley, or Target or what have you. That's the best, and Michael Jackson is the reason I'm so obsessed by music. I hope his kids have a nice life.

I completely agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home